Re: Writing into frames ...

It can be done, but is a nuisance.  Bill Dortch does exactly this with some
of the frame content in his "Color Center" proof of concept page, which is
at http://hidaho.com/c3.  Do a view source and capture the content.  You'll
see how it's done with the use of the JavaScript: protocol for the SRC
attribute (the latter you absolutely need or JS won't work with the frame).

-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/