Re: resizing browser window with javascript

On Mar 21, 11:30am, Brian Karlak wrote:
> Subject: Re: resizing browser window with javascript
> On Mar 20,  3:29pm, alan herrick wrote:
>
> > i have seen a few examples of javascript resizing the netscape
browser
> > window and was wondering if someone can let me know how this is
done.  i
> > have searched high and low for the source for this script but can
not find
> > it.....eeeeek....
>
> Hmmm, a hack that comes to mind would be opening a new window with a
specified
> size, and then closing the old one . . .
>
> Kinda ugly, though.  I'd suggest against it.  There's a big debate on
> www-talk@w3.org about this about the kosherness of window resizes.
 The general
> consensus is that doing so is very rude to the users and probably
unacceptable.

I wouldn't mind it if the window kept the same history as the older
one.  The change would be unnoticable.  But then you'd have scripts
that closed the main window with no replacement at all. =/

-Ernie

--
   _____/           ____         /        / Ernie Oporto-A SysAdmin Dude
_____      ____              _        _     Mentor Graphics Corp