Re: How to load file from local disk?

Yuri Alkin wrote:
> Is there any possibility in JavaScript to ask user select
> file from disk and load into form field or send directly
> to server (beside of mailto: and FTP upload).

Netscape Navigator 2.0 has a feature "HTTP file upload" which may do what
do you want; see

http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/windows-2.0.html#Access
You need a CGI program or NSAPI module on the server side to receive the
data; I don't have a reference to sample source code, unfortunately, but
others may be able to help with this.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker          Pre-sales tech support, Netscape Federal sales
hecker@netscape.com   http://home.netscape.com/people/hecker/