How to load file from local disk?

Hi.

I write now Web interface for prolog sources analyzer.
I use a for m with lot of fields, one of them for Prolog source.
In case of big code cat&paste becomes very incomfortable way
to pass the program to server.

Is there any possibility in JavaScript to ask user select
file from disk and load into form field or send directly
to server (beside of mailto: and FTP upload).

By the way, this problem is common enought, isn't it?

Thanks.
-- Yuri.