Re: Automatic delete...

At 06:36 PM 3/4/96 -0800, Mike wrote:
>Hi all, I was wondering whether there was a way I could have some of the
>images on my pages, or links automaticaly get deleted after a specific time
>(for example, I would want to put an image on my page and have it appear on
>my page for only 1 month.

Well, Mike - I am not aware of a way that you can make the picture *deleted*
from the site through JavaScript. but you can make the link 'not work' after
a specified date.
I think this script would work :(this is from the top of my head, so it
could probably be improved...(and checked!))

<script language=javascript>
<!-- Hide

function onemonth(){
	var today = new date()
	(today <= (1996.04.04))? return "http://domain.name/pic.gif";
		: return "";
}
function blankstatus(){
	setTimeout(window.status="" , 2000)
}

// -->
</script>
This <a href="javascript:onemonth()" onMOuseOver =
"blankstatus();window.status = 'http://domain.name/pic.gif';return
true">picture</a>will be gone by 4-4-1996.

Ellie.
work = (customer != "nice")? "Good" : "Excelent"
CCITT - Can't Concieve Inteligent Thoughts Today

Ellie wysiwyg        ---        Elliep19@gdi.net

My Home page - http://pages.prodigy.com/wysiwyg/
------DB---Programming----&----Web----Design----