Automatic delete...

Hi all, I was wondering whether there was a way I could have some of the
images on my pages, or links automaticaly get deleted after a specific time
(for example, I would want to put an image on my page and have it appear on
my page for only 1 month. At which point, I'd like it to either not load
anymore (and perhaps give an error message sayin:image could not be loaded
or something..) or simply  have the image get automaticaly get deleted.  Is
there any way to do this? (using javascript or cgi or any other way...
(I would think this is possible since user accounts can be frozen or
automaticaly deleted on servers..I guess the same principle could be applied
, no?
plz let me know ASAP,
Mike