SELECT values

O.K. guys, this is probably a stupid question but I just can't get the following
script to work. I've checked the 411 FAQ, and the %$@ official documentation.
All I want to do is return the value selected in the OPTION list in the alert window.

By the way, I spent a good amount of time on 411. It is a very nice FAQ, good work
Andy. I have a couple suggestions but I'll post them seperately.

Obviously, I have stripped out the extraneous stuff:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
        function newtopic() {
                alert("Selected SubTopicID="+document.SubTopicID.value)<<I've tried
				every syntax I can think of with .value,
				.selectedIndex....
        }
</SCRIPT>

<FORM NAME="listform">
<SELECT NAME="SubTopicID">
                <OPTION>Disk Drives
                <OPTION>Motherboards
                <OPTION>SCSI Controllers
                <OPTION>Memory
</SELECT>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Reload" onClick="newtopic()">
</FORM>

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Chris Moses