Re: Macintosch

>Please correct me if I am wrong here, but the last I heard was that there
>was not a Java interpreter for Mac yet, and thus... Netscape 2.0 for Mac
>wouldn't be able to handle this.  I don't know if this is still the case,
>nor can I even remember where I heard this information, so for now... it
>is nothing more than hear-say.
>
>Timothy Lewis
>http://www.intex.net/~timothy/

There might not be a java interpreter for the Mac, but Javascript does work
(to some point). For example, my friend (with a Mac and netscape 2.0) tried
jumping into Diffusion Graphique home page (this is at the jump point in my
web site) and the javascript that returns you to the refering document after
20 seconds worked exactly as planned. So some Javascript does work. but my
help system still crashed his Mac. But it still works on windows 3.11, my
other friend just tried it a few minutes ago and it worked exactly as it should.

example of the auto jump back feature in Diffusion Graphique home page:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- // Hide from old browsers
function jump_back(){
	clearTimeout(jumpper);
	history.back();
}
function execute_back(){
	jumpper = setTimeout("jump_back()",10000);
}
// End hide -->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY BACKGROUND="back02.gif" onUnload="clearTimeout(jumpper)">
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- // hide from old browsers
execute_back();
// end hide -->
</SCRIPT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

*** The above script works very well on Mac and Windows 3.11 ***

What i'm think of right now is disabling the Help system altogether for the
mac using the "navigator.appname" in an if..else.

Christian Lanctot
e-mail: kristian@generation.net
Web   : http://www.generation.net/~kristian/