Re: frames problems

At 12:17 20/03/1996 -0500, javascript@obscure.org wrote:

>How do you link from a page with frame to a non-frame page?
>I mean when I use a link from a frame, the page load in that frame.
>Is there a way to close all the frame on my page and then load
>the page?
>
>Pascal L.

yes there is. Just try something like this :

document.write("<A HREF=\"mylink.html\" TARGET=\"_top\">")

the thing is that in HTML (Netscape 2.0) using the TARGET="_top" inside a <A
HREF> will always ensure that the link is loaded into the top window. I use
this extensivly at my own site. Also note this: if you're linking to one of
your own HTML files, try adding this in the <HEAD></HEAD> part of the file:

<BASE TARGET="_top">

so no matter if you link to this page or someone else from another site, it
will always display in the full window thus eliminating any <FRAMESET> done
within the REFERING document.

If you put a link in your page, you could try doing something like this:

<A HREF="otherlink.html" TARGET="_top">Another link</A>

Take a look at Netscape's document "TARGETING WINDOWS" to get a better idea
on all the other options.

You may also try looking at the HREF property.

        Come and take a look at my site at :
http://www.generation.net/~kristian and look at how i use frames. You should
also try clicking the HELP button and get a look at my help system. It's a
good example of how to use frames and javascript.

Christian Lanctot
e-mail: kristian@generation.net
Web   : http://www.generation.net/~kristian/