BOUNCE javascript@obscure.org: Non-member submission from [athomas@improv.mrl.nyu.edu (Athomas Goldberg)] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: athomas@improv.mrl.nyu.edu (Athomas Goldberg)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 22:21:03 -0500
To: javascript@obscure.org
Subject: Re: QUERY

Claudio Gaetani wrote:

> I know this is not a "monitor setting" list but I'm discussing now about
> which document width We can use to create the Web pages.
> To me this is important I want to avaluate all your answers and take more
> of less and standard width for web pages based on th most used minitors and
> resolutions.
>
> Thank you all in advance again.
>
> Read You ALL and...

On a related note, I've written a little package which combines java, cgi, and
javascript to open browser windows in sizes relative to the client's monitor
size.  It's still a little buggy and the documentation isn't complete but it
allows you to compose for a certain browser aspect ratio (shape) without
restricting you to the lowest common denominator (640x480). Info on this can be
found at:

	http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/athomas/WinSize0.5b/demo.html

I found that when creating pages using tables and frames, I can create
compositions that still look good when the window is scaled up to fit a larger
monitor or down to fit a smaller one.

				-- Athomas

--

Athomas Goldberg
Associate Research Scientist

New York Univerity
Media Research Lab			ph: (212) 998-3469
715-719 Broadway rm 1227		fx: (212) 995-4122
New York NY 10003

Email: athomas@mrl.nyu.edu
WWW: http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/athomas