Re: Memory limits.

I've heard of this 40K limit myself, but it was during beta and as I hadn't
heard anything since I thought the problem might be gone.  Sadly, it doesn't
appear to be that way.  At least the <FRAME> trick works.  What happens if
you break up the code into separate <SCRIPT> tags?

-- Gordon

At 11:25 PM 3/13/96 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a curious problem. I am developing a new site which makes
>extensive use of JavaScript. So much so that I have one frame with
>40K of JavaScript in it. And this is where my problem lies.
>
>When I load the page containing the 40K frame in NT there are no
>problems. When I load the same page in Win 3.11, however, I get
>syntax errors where I know there are none.
>
>It appears that not all of the code is being loaded by Navigator.
>Breaking up the code and placing it in two frames confirmed my
>suspicions. All of the code loaded with no syntax errors. It seems
>that Navigator can only handle a certain amount of code per page.
>I did a word count and it seems to fall over at about 27,000
>characters.
>
>Can anyone confirm this for me? Is what I think is happening what
>is really happening? What is the exact limit? How can I change it?
>What is the limit based on? Does it change from platform to
>platform? Is there any other way around it other than using more
>frames?
-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/