Re: document.location problem

>parent.frames[1].location.assign(parent.frames[1].document.links[--i].href);

I think that Brendan Eich advised a while back *AGAINST* using the assing()
method of location.  He was actually pretty specific about it, even
threatened to take it out of the next release at one point.

Does anybody (Gordon <g>) remember why he said this?  I think it had
something to do with the fact that it was unnecassary.  *at the time*, I
think that these were equivalent:

location = 'foo.html'
location.assign('bar.html')

so the *need* to use assign() was never there.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong, this is all I remember on the topic.  I guess
when we figure it out I'll add it to the FAQ.

-Andy Augustine