Re: document.location problem

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Gordon McComb wrote:

> At 11:18 AM 3/12/96 +0000, you wrote:
> >Thanks for the responses. I double-checked to make sure I had height
> >and width for all the images and I did (haven't been bitten by that
> >particular bug yet) and I tried Gordon's suggestion-and it still
> >crashed. Perhaps I wasn't specific enough about what I was trying to
> >do. What I'm basically trying to do is write a script that will read
> >the last link in a document, and load that link into a frame. Here's
> >my frameset:

<snip>

> >And here's my script (with comments)
> >
> >function getNext() {
> >	var i=parent.frames[1].document.links.length
> >//return the number of links in the document
> >
> >parent.frames[1].location=parent.frames[1].document.links[--i]
>
> Crimie!  Yet another for the "this doesn't work under..." notebook.  FWIW, I
> tested the code I sent under Windows 95 and 3.1, and it seems to work there
> (though I got a GPF once, however it might have been for other reasons).
> One thing you could do: suggest people buy a PC? <bg>
>
> If I have a chance today or tomorrow I'll try this on my Mac.  It's only a
> lowlr 040 Performa, though, and not a PPC.
>

> -- Gordon

Crashed hard on a 040 Mac...twice. But, I had repeated success with
the following in getNext():

parent.frames[1].location.assign(parent.frames[1].document.links[--i].href);

JP

Jon Gorrono (Gorro&ntilde;o)            1400-M Surge II
New Media Programmer/Analyst            UC Davis
Creative Communication Services         Davis, CA   95616
A Division of Information Technology    (916)752-0218;FAX-4655
University of California at Davis       jpgorrono@ucdavis.edu
Owner:Digital Video Discussion List	DIGVID-L@UCDAVIS.EDU

"Dogs are insecure and neurotic and agitated, and generally in
 the throes of some unbecoming emotion,
 and I like them." - Adair Lara