Re: animated GIFs

> So then why does my modem light keep on flashing? Is it just
> checking something?
>
> Gordon Mueller
> mud@gonzo.wolfenet.com

Because Netscape connects to the server before checking if it should
load it from cache first. Have you ever had a problem with a server
for a minute or so and had Netscape respond: the server might be down
blah blah blah...Loading previous version from cache.

What I think is happening is Netscape is checking either the file
size or date stamp to decide if it needs to load a new version of
the page. I don't know if there is a Netscape setup option to bypass
this behavior or not. I can't check right now.

John