Re: What's New

For that matter you can do anything with CGI.  But the idea (and the reason
for this mailing list) is to try to do what we can with JavaScript.  CGI
would be the preferred method in a complex or large site, but I think
JavaScript can handle this for small and medium sized sites.

I envision a "what's new" frame, or a selection list, or a series of
dynamically written links on the (standard) home page.  JavaScript can do
this quite easily, and with the same number connections as CGI would
require.  Olaf wants to take people to a separate page, but I personally
feel that's too much work to maintain, so my approach has been single page
(or frame).

-- Gordon