Re: Java? no thanks!

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996 10:42:24 +0100, you wrote:

>>There is "somebody" that are using JavaScript on a wrong way, by my side
>>I'm going to search how to protect me, this URL specifi that there are some
>>JavaScripts on the "AIR" that read all the events of your computer "in
>>background" and send the information to the "creator", anything you do is
>>recorded ad can be read by anyone it means "passwords" mouse movements,
>>almost averything.

You are about to spread mis-information here.  Many of these problems
have been rectified in the security update patch from Netscape...

>>I'm thinking to not use more Java compatible Browser, by security, neather
>>JavaScript, there was a good start and I think that is an excellent
>>language, but Netscape 2.0 is too "trasparent" and I'm not sure about use
>>it.

Actually, were you to to keep abreast of the Javascript development,
you would know that the next release of Navigator will include a
"de-activation" switch for Javascript, just like the one already in
place for Java.