Re: Can anyone Help a Newbie...

Mike Darrin wrote:

> Pat McCarty wrote:
> >
> > >-- [ From: Blake Natker * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
> > >
> > >Hi,
> > >       I'm a Computer Information System student at American University and I'm
> > >in the process of teaching myself Javascript. Can any one give me a few
> > >pointers- It would be a greatly appreciated!!!
> > >--
> > >This Email Sent To You By: Blake Natker

Actually the Nestscape guide is, in my opion, a piece of @$#@#$. You
will of course need it since it is THE formal manual, but there are
better resources for learning JS. A few tutorials include:

Begginers guide to JavaScript at: www.javaworld.com
JavaScript - Intro. to Javascrip at:
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/

 Some ggod examples of he basics of JS can be found at:
http://www.intercom.net/user/mecha/java.html

After this you will want to jump in and see JS in action. A few good
places are:

Gamelan at:www.gamelan.com
and
The Java Boutique at: