Re: Can anyone Help a Newbie...

>-- [ From: Blake Natker * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>Hi,
> 	I'm a Computer Information System student at American University and I'm
>in the process of teaching myself Javascript. Can any one give me a few
>pointers- It would be a greatly appreciated!!!
>--
>This Email Sent To You By: Blake Natker
>
>Email me back at any of these addresses:
>bn7591a@american.edu (
>det130@chuck.acc-lab.american.edu (For Air Force Related Info)
>blake.natker@american.edu

Blake, a good place to start is the Netscape JavaScript Authoring Guide...
http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/handbook/javascript/index.html
Another good idea is to join the JavaScript mailing list, but I see you have
done this already. As of now there are no JavaScript books. Here's my advice:
First, tread through the NS JS site.
Then use webcrawler or yahoo to find some sites which use JS
(like mine: http://www.ids.net/~pmccarty/), and try to step through the
source of those pages.
Once you feel comfy, start writing your own little scripts.
Keep an eye on this mailing list - you may not understand everything
everybody has to say, but you'll pick up on it...

                        Pat McCarty

               .
              .:.                        Patrick T. McCarty

             .:::.                       PC Programming/Internet Consulting
            .:::::.                      McLaughlin Research Corp.
        ***.:::::::.***                 email : pmccarty@ids.net
   *******.:::::::::.*******          www : http://www.ids.net/~pmccarty/
  .