Re: in JS, is there support for: sockets, shell?

Hi Eric,

maybe you can send the command to a cgi-script (with a form) which
executes it. Know what a mean?

So long
Olaf

Eric H. Choi wrote:

> Hi all..
>
> I'm working on an application where I simple need a certain command to be run
> on the local shell when the user clikcs on the certain item on the page.  I was
> hoping I could do this with JavaScript, but there might be security concerns that
> won't allow a "shell" or "system" command or anything similar.
>
> So, I was thinking about creating a daemon that would listen for requests (with
> proper security of course..) but I can't seem to locate any support for sending
> stuff to a port from a JavaScript..

Olaf Walkowiak, Suedeseestr.14, D-45145 Essen, Phone:+49-201-604594
si0015@aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de			OlafWal@aol.com
URL:http://www.bikeconn.de/com/bikeconn/hotel/olaf	(Homepage)
URL:http://www.bikeconn.de/com/bikeconn/hotel/olaf/java (JavaScript)