Re: netscape 2 patch is here

Gordon McComb wrote re the new security patch:
> When I checked the patch it seemed to contain only new *Java* class
> libraries, to fix a recently discovered Java security flaw.  Do you
> know for sure if there is any patch to JavaScript included?

As Wes Tatters correctly notes, this particular patch is only for
the Java/DNS security problem, and is for the platforms that support
Java, namely 32-bit Windows and various Unix platforms.  We have not yet
announced the patch release for JavaScript but should be doing so soon.

Here's the relevant quote from our home page as of this morning:

  Responding to a recent discovery of potential vulnerabilities in our
  software, Netscape has released a Java Applet Security Manager patch
  for Netscape Navigator 2.0. Netscape also plans to soon issue a
  new version of Navigator that addresses these and other possible
  problems.

Frank

P.S. I'm about to leave town to go to the Netscape developer's
conference in San Francisco; I hope to say hello to some of you there.

--
Frank Hecker          Pre-sales tech support, Netscape Federal sales
hecker@netscape.com   http://home.netscape.com/people/hecker/