Re: Indexing/Searching Web Pages

>>there will be no excuse for not using Verity search on your Web
>>server, no matter what
>>server you're using.

I have an excuse.  Will verity index a site that makes extensive use of
frames?  nope. it fails at the first FRAMESET tag and doesn't pick up
again until the end one.  Not a problem for people who use a NO FRAMESET
tag, but we don't (big site everyone uses NETSCAPE so no need).  The
ONLY type of search/index engine we have found to work is one which
actually searchs the text of each page in a specified directory.

BTW we use microsofts IIS on an ALPHA box

Ed