Re: Lengthy Javascript message...

On Mar 20,  9:29am, Chris Moses wrote:
> Subject: Re: Lengthy Javascript message...
> Ernie Oporto wrote:
> >
> > I have a scrolling text javascript running on my web page, but if I
let
> > it run for quite some time, I get a very annoying message that says
> > "Lengthy Javascript Still Running.  Continue?"  There is no way
that we
> > will be able to tolerate using a real app if that message is going
> > keep coming up.
> >
> > How do I get rid of it for good?
> >

> Start studying VisualBasicScript ;)
>
> Could you post some more details, including ~length of script, and
the
> time/# of iterations it takes for the message to occur.

I pulled it off of some site that already had it implemented just to
start off learning Javascript:

<head>
<title>Welcome to Ernie's Page at Mentor Graphics on Shokk.</title>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function scroller(startAt)
{
        var message  = "Welcome to Ernie's home page on
shokk.warren.mentorg.com!"

        var msg = message
        var out = " "
        var c   = 1

        if (100 < startAt) {
                startAt--
                var cmd="scroller(" + startAt + ")"
                scrollerID=window.setTimeout(cmd,40)
        }
        else if (startAt <= 100 && 0 < startAt) {
                for (c=0 ; c < startAt ; c++) {
                        out+=" "
                }
                out+=msg
                startAt--
                var cmd="scroller(" + startAt + ")"
                    window.status=out
                scrollerID=window.setTimeout(cmd,40)
        }
        else if (startAt <= 0) {
                if (-startAt < msg.length) {
                        out+=msg.substring(-startAt,msg.length)
                        startAt--
                        var cmd="scroller(" + startAt + ")"
                        window.status=out
                        scrollerID=window.setTimeout(cmd,40)
                }
                else {
                        window.status=" "
                        scrollerID=window.setTimeout("scroller(100)",40)
                }
        }
}

</SCRIPT>

<frameset cols="25%,75%"
    onLoad="scrollerID=window.setTimeout('scroller(10)',10)">
    <frame src="sidebar.html" name="sidebar">
    <frame src="frontdoor2.html" name="mainwin">
</frameset>

</head>

--
   _____/           ____         /        / Ernie Oporto-A SysAdmin Dude