Re: How can I get rid of the history?

Some answers:

>I would like to disable "Back" and "Back in Frame" ...

You can't disable the button, but you can open a new window (with
window.open), and use it for your stuff.  This window will by default have
no history.

>Is it possible to modify the toolbar?
>Is it possible to change the menu shown when right-clicking the mouse?
>Can you even do this in Java?

No to all, unless you use the NSAPI stuff, which allows you to modify *your*
copy of Netscape.  You cannot manipulate anyone else's copy of Netscape via
an HTML page, for obvious reasons.

>Do you have to become a Netscape development partner to get access to these
kind of internal features?

I'm not sure if you have to become a partner to get the SDK.  You might go
to Netscape's site and poke around their Developer Partner pages to see what
it says.

At 08:37 AM 3/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to disable "Back" and "Back in Frame" and all sorts of other
>navigation tools since I am developing an intranet application.
>I tried (naively) to:
>        history.length = 0
>but that did nothing (I assume that it was read-only).
>
>Is it possible to modify the toolbar?
>Is it possible to change the menu shown when right-clicking the mouse?
>Can you even do this in Java?
>Do you have to become a Netscape development partner to get access to these
>kind of internal features?
>
>Many thanks.
-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/