Auto-mail on page-load / tracking source-URLs

Has anyone an idea how to send an automatic mail to my
e-mail-address, when a user opens my homepage?

The main idea is to keep track of the original URL where the
visitor comes from, which as far as I could find out till now
can be done with:
	document.referrer

But I still need this information to somehow forwarded to me,
this is why I'm thinking of e-mailing myself.

If tracking of the source-URL is something not appreciated on
the net, please inform me as well. I will stop thinking about
it.

PS.: If someone has a totally different approach - any
information is appreciated!

Thanks

Gerald Maier