Re: How to know that a window is still open

Thanks.  Not having needed to test if a window name is blank I wasn't aware
that on some platforms you can get back a different value.   Good to know.
'Tis sad that JavaScript is so platform-finickey.  Few people have Windows
95, Win 3.1, a Mac, and Unix installed to test each one (I have three of the
four, but it's still a pain and I don't do it for everything).  They have to
get complaints from Web users to find out their script doesn't work for
them!  Not good.

-- Gordon

>I wouldn't trust versions of Netscape across all platforms
>to act the same. Some might return "", or undefined, or
>null in some cases.

<snip>
-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/