changing bgcolor (was Re: change Text Color)

on that note I got another question. Bgcolor can be changed once the page
is loaded but I believe there is a bug in the mac. If the bgcolor is
changed after loading the page, all the text, pictures, etc. are gone
execpt the new bgcolor. But when you refresh the window by either placing
another window over it or scrolling up and down the text and pictures
appear. This is very annoying and wondering if there is a way to get around
this bug. And also is this only on the mac or is it on win plaforms too?