Re: Mess = (Javascript && (AOL || Netcom))

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 07:06:50 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello All,
>    Has anyone seen their Javascript pages thru AOL or Netcom's Web browser?
>    The commenting technique between <script> & </script> tags works up
>    until the first ">" in your script.
>    This means no tests using "greater than" or no ">" in any strings used
>    within your script.
>    I suppose one could take the high brow attitude that if they don't use
>    a compatible brower the heck with them.  ...unfortunately I don't have
>    that luxury.
>    So, if you've placed some JavaScript on your page, you may want to give
>    it a call up on AOL or Netcom.

Not to offend anyone, but,( the heck with that, lets offend!)  the AOL
browser is a joke.  It fails to handle many of the HTML 2.0 standards,
andnow HTML 3.0 is nearly official?  I do take the high-brow approach,
and say, "Get a real connection, or quit complaining!"

Guess everyone should have text only pages for those still using Lynx!
( not knocking lynx, its a fine text browser)  Maybe we should
accomodate Vic-20 users also.  You knwo, everyone ha a right to equal
access!

I am not about to put a copy of the LAME, CPU hogging, resource
stealing kludge that AOL calls a broswer on my PC to test my pages.

We test our pages with Netscape (win 16, win32, Linux, mac), MSIA,
OS/2 IA.  If thats not enough, too bad...

Seconds on this opinion?