Re: QUESTION: Is it the Script or the Beta's?

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996 23:37:11 +0100, you wrote:
>The problem is however: on some machines, like mine (P90, win3.11, NS2.0b6)
>it workes fine 8 out of 10 times, on others ik works 5 out of 10 times, and
>on others it doesn't work. (NS crashes or the whole system crashes, so be
>warned...) (all using NS2.0b6)
>
>Question:
>What is wrong: my scripting, and if so, what is wrong?
>Or is even NS2.0b6 to unstable to handle such mega-scripts?

It is my personal opinion that there are limitations to the size of
the script that can be loaded.  We too have found that the larger
scripts have a tendency to crash Netscape.  It appears that the number
of successful loadings as compared to failed are about the same in our
tests.

We have also found a bit of a limitation in the size of a single
string variables value.  I'll be looking at your site later this
evening, and will let you know if it works.

Were you using beta 6a or beta 6b?