Re: JavaScript and e-mail

Alright I tried the above suggestion and got back an enclosure with the
data in the form:

test=some+stuff

where test is the name of teh field and "some+stuff" is the fields value
with the "+" put in where the space should be. While this would work my
idea was to take the value of each filed and by script command place it in
the body of the email message thus avoiding the ugly some+stuff thing.

>>It would be real handy to be able to construct and send email from within
>>JavaScript. I can't see andy way to do this right now. Such a system would
>>avoid a whole lot of CGI trouble when it comes to submitting form. for
>>examaple a script could take the value of the fields, place those values
>>into the body of a message and send it to an address all without ever
>>having to go back to the server.
>>If this can be done I would like to know how.
>Hmm..  Perhaps you could try changing the window's location URL(I think it
>is .href) to a mailto URL.. or you could set the form's action to a mailto...
><form name="whatever" method=POST action="mailto:user@domain";>
></form>
>This may not work.. but it is worth a try.
>

>    *********************************************************
>    *    In Real Life     |        On Rivers of MUD         *
>    *   Joshua Gooding    |   (telnet://rom.efn.com:9000)   *
>    *                     |        Garlan and Grunt         *
>    *---------------------+---------------------------------*
>    *      In TFed        |          On  Tesseract          *
>    *    Jack Perlin      |  (telnet://hypercube.org:9000)  *
>    *                     |        Garlan and Cedric        *
>    *********************************************************
>    *     In Coranthia(telnet://mserv1.wizvax.net:9201      *
>    *                      Garlan                           *
>    *  Go ahead and flame me if you want but don't expect   *
>    *                    a response.                        *

Gregory Kearney, Editor                      Trib.com the internet Newspaper?
P.O. Box 80 170 Star Lane                                (307) 266-0570 voice
Casper, Wyoming 82602 USA                               (307) 266-0501 fax
kearney@trib.com                                        http://www.trib.com/