Re: JavaScript and e-mail

That's a good idea, now how do I get the value of the fields into the body
of the e-amil document?

>>It would be real handy to be able to construct and send email from within
>>JavaScript. I can't see andy way to do this right now. Such a system would
>>avoid a whole lot of CGI trouble when it comes to submitting form. for
>>examaple a script could take the value of the fields, place those values
>>into the body of a message and send it to an address all without ever
>>having to go back to the server.
>>If this can be done I would like to know how.
>Hmm..  Perhaps you could try changing the window's location URL(I think it
>is .href) to a mailto URL.. or you could set the form's action to a mailto...
><form name="whatever" method=POST action="mailto:user@domain";>
></form>
>This may not work.. but it is worth a try.
>

>    *********************************************************
>    *    In Real Life     |        On Rivers of MUD         *
>    *   Joshua Gooding    |   (telnet://rom.efn.com:9000)   *
>    *                     |        Garlan and Grunt         *
>    *---------------------+---------------------------------*
>    *      In TFed        |          On  Tesseract          *
>    *    Jack Perlin      |  (telnet://hypercube.org:9000)  *
>    *                     |        Garlan and Cedric        *
>    *********************************************************
>    *     In Coranthia(telnet://mserv1.wizvax.net:9201      *
>    *                      Garlan                           *
>    *  Go ahead and flame me if you want but don't expect   *
>    *                    a response.                        *

Gregory Kearney, Editor                      Trib.com the internet Newspaper?
P.O. Box 80 170 Star Lane                                (307) 266-0570 voice
Casper, Wyoming 82602 USA                               (307) 266-0501 fax
kearney@trib.com                                        http://www.trib.com/