Re: Sync Frame loading

You don't need "synching" per se if the script doesn't do any any
initializing upon loading.  You *do* need synching if variables need to be
set or functions need to be run, and those variables/functions depend on the
existence of other frames.  Syncing is needed because there is no guarantee
that the frames will load in a given order.  If this is a consideration for
your page then you should put an onLoad event handler in the first
<FRAMESET> tag of your frameset document.  Have that event handler call a
function that starts things going.  The "loader" function can be in the
frameset document, or in a frame.

For accessing functions across frames, the correct syntax is:

parent.framename.funcname();

you have an additiona "frames" in there that's not needed when you use the
names of the frame objects.

-- Gordon
http://gmccomb.com/javascript/