keeping the base straight

Howdy!

First let me say that I am new to this list and javascript.  I have two
questions one javascript related and one possibly js related.

1)  I wrote a short js (my first one) to load a doc in a frame.  Here it
is:

<script language="javascript">
<!--

function loadpix( obj, url)
{
	obj.location = url
}
//-->
</script>

It's in the head of my topmost frameset.

Then in another link I have the following onLoad in the body

onLoad="parent.loadpix(parent.toc, 'people/people_pix.html');"

toc is one of my frames.  Everything works fine the first time.  But if
the reader does a reload of the documnet I get an error that it can't
find "http://www.irc.chmcc.org>/people/people/people_pix.html"  i.e.
It's changing the base?

Anyway around this?

2) This same homepage http://www.irc.chmcc.org/ which loaded fine on
development in NS 2.0 as a file on a Mac, when transferred to a SunOS
4.1.3 running NCSA httpd 1.4.2 crashes the same computer everytime!
I've tried it on other macs and some crash some don't (they are a
mixture of OpenTransport and MacTCP).  It loads fine in UNIX.  Is this a
bug or something with these systems?

--
  Phil Williams, Ph.D.