Re: Java Applets

At 08:02 AM 2/16/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if you can embedd Java Applets into your HTML
>pages and have the ability to execute these Java Applets using
>Netscape Navigator 2.0 ?   Does this require that the Java class be
>compiled ?
>
>I am trying to propose to write an animation Java Applet.  However,
>I do know if I need to hava a Java compiler in order to develop and
>test it using Netscape Navigator 2.0.

Java applets must be compiled, and for that, you need the SDK from Sun.  If
you want to just include an already-made applet, you just get its parameters
and include them in the <APPLET> tag.  Do note that there are *tons* of
freeware animation applets out there, and you may want to see what others
have done before you attempt to re-invent the wheel.  Go http://java.sun.com
for starters.

-- Gordon