Re: validating hidden fields

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Javed Anwar wrote:

> Also, if anyone knows, can I validate a password field? The first time I tried
> to see if the password field contained numbers I couldn't get it to work since
> the field return *'s as the value. Can anyone tell me if I did something
> wrong or am I missing something obvioius?

No, you can't.  I was trying to do the same thing, and running into
strange problems.  I posted about it on comp.lang.javascript, and was
told by someone from Netscape (Frank Hecker?) that JS does not allow you
do to things with the info in password fields.  <groan>

David Belson					       BBN Planet Corporation
Solutions Engineer			    150 CambridgePark Drive, MS 20/6B
dbelson@bbnplanet.com					  Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone: (617) 873-3947					  Fax: (617) 873-5124
http://web.bbnplanet.com/~dbelson/		    http://www.bbnplanet.com/