Re: Javascript prompting FIND

>For a client-side application the
>entire database has to
>be downloaded to the browser, and that's sort of against the whole idea of
>the Internet.
>Your users probably don't want to wait for all the data to be downloaded to
>their machine
>just so they can use the database.

I suppose this depends on what you mean to be a "database." For small
collections of data, I see nothing wrong with embedding the data as, say,
a JavaScript array. A 10-15K database is no larger than your average
.gif, and adds a lot of power to the document. Moreover, not everyone can
muck with CGIs on their ISP's Unix boxes, so creating a serverless CGI is
a real boon for a JavaScript-enhanced document.

>Of course, mine will be the best... <g>

You know, I was saying the _very same thing_ last night.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com