Re: ?? onMouseOver without a link...??

Well, you could use write() or writeln() and have them write it to the
frame.  The only problem with this (I tried it) is that it writes the
statement over and over until the user takes their mouse off whatever it
is that has the onMouseOver handler.  If you don't want this to happen
the only thing I know of is to call a link.  If the reason you don't
want to do this is so you don't have to write many files that you can
call with different links it is possible to have the file you call
generate the necessary text on the fly with a simple script.  Take a
look at the status window on my page at
http://www.hamline.edu/personal/matjohns/  The page with the script that
writes necessary info on the fly is at
http://www.hamline.edu/personal/matjohns/status/status.html  Take a look
at my source and let me know if you have any questions.  Also, please
let me know if you figure out an easier way to do this or a way to
update the frame without using a link, write, or writeln as I'd be
interested in hearing what you find out.

Matt

	      http://www.hamline.edu/personal/matjohns/

"Time is long and life is short,
	begin to live while you still can"