Re: Hidden field not persisting across reload

No, hidden fields loose their contents on a reload.  Regular text fields
hold theirs.  If you want to use a text field for persistent storage, you
have to "hide" it using some other approach.  The best way is to use frames;
put the beast in a frame you don't show, or push it beyond the margin of the
frame and set that frame window as unscrolling and no resizing.

-- Gordon