submit() method crashing..

I am having a particularly annoying problem. If anyone knows a fix please
send it to me. Here's the deal. I have two frames, each contains a cgi
script generated page. The top frame is a ledge. I have javascript using
events in the top frame to set hidden field in the bottom frame and
resubmit the bottom page using the submit() method thus regenerating it. (I
know this sounds confusing).

Now the problem. Using the first frame to submit the form in the second
frame works the first time and sometimes even the second but it
inevitably(sp?) crashes the browser at some point.

I am also using CGI.pm to generate the pages but I can't see any reason why
this would make a difference since it is all server side.

thanks,
-toph

Topher LaFata
Exorcist