Re: calculating current time

I have a script that calculates the current date & time for Austin (CST)
and displays it in a scrolling status bar. Most of the time it works
fine. However, I checked it this morning ( Fri 5:40am CST ) and it was
scrolling Sat. 17 Fes 1996 00:40:00. Any ideas? Here's a code snip:
<!-- Beginning of JavaScript Applet

today = new Date()
x = today.toGMTString()
y =today.getHours()
if( y < 6)
{
 y = 24-6
}
 else
{
 y = y-6
}

today.setHours(y)
z = today.toGMTString()

Also, when my page initially loads, it only shows up to the point where
the javascrip begins. The scrips plays but the rest of the page is not
there. If I "page" back and the forward the entire page displays! I'm
using NS2.0 and WIn 95.

Thanks,
Dale