Re: Maps->javascript funct

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Jon Gorrono wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Aymeric Grassart wrote:
>
> > Hello evry1,
> >
> > I was wondering if there was a way to call a javascript function in the
> > page instead of a url when clicking on a certain point on an imagemap???
> >
> > ccamel
>
> Try using client side imagemaps:
>
>  The syntax is:
>
> <MAP NAME=" name ">
> <AREA [SHAPE=" shape "] COORDS="x,y,..." [HREF=" reference "] [NOHREF]>
> </MAP>
>
> use "javascript:functionname()" for the href. I have NOT tried this...
> just a lead.
>
> Good Luck,

> JP

Sorry, that was a bit confusing,  I meant to be more specific... I'll
allow Netscape to explain the syntax of using Client Side maps:

http://home.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/html_extensions_3.html

...near the bottom of the page.

JP

Jon Gorrono (Gorro&ntilde;o)            1400-M Surge II
New Media Programmer/Analyst            UC Davis
Creative Communication Services         Davis, CA   95616
A Division of Information Technology    (916)752-0218;FAX-4655
University of California at Davis       jpgorrono@ucdavis.edu
Owner:Digital Video Discussion List	DIGVID-L@UCDAVIS.EDU

"Dogs are insecure and neurotic and agitated, and generally in
 the throes of some unbecoming emotion,
 and I like them." - Adair Lara