Re: More on scrolling text

hn0049@igc.apc.org wrote:

> I've got a page with frames and I'd like to put scrolling text at the
> bottom of the page (isn't everyone doing that yet?).
>
> Which html page do you put the javascript in?  And can the OnLoad in the
> it at the end.
>
> -- Steve
>
> P.S.  Maybe some Javascript guru can annotate one of those scrolling-text
> scripts so we can see what each function is doing.

It depends on when you want the scrolling text to be there. You can
put the script in your main <FRAME> document and keep it going for
you whole site (the onLoad command can appear in the <FRAMESET> tag
as well as the <BODY> tag). It shouldn't matter where in the tags
you put the onLoad.

I agree, someone should document this darn thing, mine's all hacked
up by now...

Gordon Mueller
mud@gonzo.wolfenet.com