Re: write() and <

You don't show it, but since you have a document.close, you need to open a
new stream in order to properly output text. This will of course delete
anything you previously write to the document (if you don't want to do that,
remove the document.close).  In fact, if you're not careful, you can crash
Netscape if you close the output stream and try to write something afterward.