Re: Help w/ Closing a Target window

Sonja Aagesen (Starwave) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After spawning another window which loads at start;
>
> <Body onLoad=window.open("blah.html","Test" , "width=200,length=400")>
>
> I would like to close that window ("Test") when the user leaves my
> site. Iv'e tried putting onUnload=("","Test") in the <body> tag, but
> all it seems to do is close the current/active window.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?
>
> Thanks for the insight
> Sonja
>
> sonja@oz.net
> sonjaa@starwave.com
>
> ps.  the site isn't up cuz some of the parts aren't working

I'll tell you if you get me a job at Starwave... :)
Anyways, the way I've found to do it is to make a function in your
<HEAD> that open your other window using a variable:

function windowOpen(){
   newWindow=window.open("blah.html" , "Test" , ...);
}

use the onLoad="windowOpen()" then you can close the new window with
unLoad like this

onUnload "newWindow.close()"

You get the idea, I don't have the docs in front of me so I hope I
remembered all the quotes and stuff. This should get you atarted.
Good Luck.

Gordon Mueller
mud@gonzo.wolfenet.com