Re: JavaScript Development Tools

>On Feb 12,  3:16pm, Manuel Ley wrote:
>
>> What tools are available for JavaScript to develop applications
>> which communicate to a Sybase 10.01 database that resides on an HP
>> -UX operating system ?
>
>Right now we are creating CGIs written in C that output HTML/javascript and
>make calls to the Sybase DB using DB-Lib, Sybase's library of C routines.  I've
>heard there's a public-domain program called SybPerl, that makes Sybase calls
>from Perl, as well.  It might be a bit more flexible in CGI apps than C.
>
>Of course, neither of these really count as "tools".  "Bare bones messier-than-
>all-hell HACKS" would be more like it.  ;)
>
>Anyone else?
>
>Brian
>
>--
>  d  a  t  a  b  a  s  e  s     a  r  e    i  n    o  u  r   g  e  n  e  s?
>  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Brian Karlak                 bkarlak@panbio.com          (510) 337-7910 ph
>  Manager, SciApps Group      http://www.panbio.com        (510) 522-9394 fx
>  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  P   A   N   G   E   A         S   Y   S   T   E   M   S         I   N   C

Hi,
        I write client/server programs which talk to a Sybase SQL server and
I would be interested in these tools
to allow me to do db stuff from www. Could you post the url to the mailing
list when you're done? Thanks in advance,

                        Pat McCarty

               .
              .:.                                   Patrick T. McCarty

             .:::.                                  PC Programming/Internet
Consulting
            .:::::.                                 McLaughlin Research Corp.
        ***.:::::::.***                       email : pmccarty@ids.net
   *******.:::::::::.*******          www : http://www.ids.net/~pmccarty/
  .