Javascript commands

Recently, there have been a number of messages on this list requesting
information about commands. As posted before, the URL for the latest
Javascript documentation is
http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/handbook/javascript/index.html
and is part of the Netscape Handbook, easily accessible from the NS
browser under the Help menu (windows) and under the Apple Guide menu
(Mac) -- sorry I don't know where this menu item is located on other
platforms; I hope it would be as intuitive.

Another Netscape URL which may be of assistance is the HTTP cookie
specification which is
http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html

A utility to whack pages from a site might be a useful thing here. I
whacked all of the documentation and do so whenever it's updated, just
check the bottom of the introdcutory page for the date the documentation
was upgraded. WebWhacker (Mac) accomplishes the task of whacking pages
and I believe there is a similar utility available for Windows users.

On a personal note: asking if such and such a command exists befroe
reading the documentation is insulting. In reply to a recent post, yes
there is window.close in JS - had you read any of the documentation, you
would have known that considering it's in the first two or three pages.

I hope these URLs will be helpful to people first getting started and
that they RTFM.

The documentation isn't comprehensive and is far from complete, and
that's what I thought this group would do, make up for those deficiencies
- no sporn new ones.

SETH