Changing the toolbar &c ?

I came across this code in the NS Javascript documentation:

<FORM NAME="myform">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Button1" VALUE="Open Sesame!"
onClick="window.open('stmtsov.html', 'newWin', 'toolbar=no,directories=no')">
</FORM>

and was amazed to find that in spite of my preferences/options, a new window opened
with no toolbar or directories!

I have been fooling around with this snippet and would like to insert it into my own
code for the first page of a site I'm developing. I'd like to remove the tollbar, the
directory buttons and the location window while at the site. I suspect this would be
put in the onload declaration within the <body> tag. If possible I would like to
return the browser to the user's setting with the onunload declaration also in the

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Seth D. Palmer                                      QUE SERA SERF
sdpalmer@panix.com                               - Life is feudal.

                    DIGI.INTELLIGENTSIA, LTD.
           Technologies Avancees-Solutions Creatrices