Re: Various points: Regexp's, history, scope, and many, many more!

On Tue, 16 January 1996, Yoz Grahame wrote:

> Hiya... I'm new to this list, having mucked about with JS a little and
> beaten my head against the wall waiting for more docs on it...
>
> A list of things that have been bothering me for a while:
>
> 1) Lack of regular expressions (okay, okay, so I'm a Perl programmer)

	Agreed.  Lack of regular expressions is a serious gap in
JavaScript.  I don't have anything else to add, but if majority rules,
I'd like to help establish a majority...

--			               David Slack <slack@cc.utah.edu>
	       University of Utah Computer Center - Network Operations