[FlowControl] Faculty position in AFM, soton

Sharma A. A.Sharma at soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 07:25:05 EST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a link to an advert for a Lecturer or Associate
Professor in the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics group at Southampton.

https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=489514AK

Please disseminate this to potential candidates you think would be suitable.

With best wishes,

Ati

Lecturer/Associate Professor in Fluid Dynamics
Aerodynamics & Flight Mechanics Research Group
Location:  Highfield Campus
Salary:   £36,309 to £59,486 - Dependent on job level
Full Time - Permanent
Closing Date:   Saturday 31 January 2015
Reference:  489514AK

Faculty of Engineering and the Environment
Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics Research Group

Lecturer in Fluid Dynamics
Salary range:  £36,309 - £45,954 per annum

Associate Professor in Fluid Dynamics
Salary range:  £47,328 - £59,486 per annum

The Faculty of Engineering and the Environment at the University of
Southampton is seeking outstanding candidates in the area of fluid
dynamics for multiple academic positions.  We invite applicants with
research interests in all areas of fluid dynamics including propulsion,
heat- and mass-transfer, multi-phase flows, flow control and unsteady
aerodynamics.  Candidates with expertise in the development and
application of high-fidelity experimental and/or computational
techniques to problems in these areas are particularly encouraged to
apply. You will have a PhD (or equivalent) in an appropriate field and
will be expected to establish an externally funded research program as
well as contribute fully to both undergraduate and graduate teaching
across the faculty.

You will join the Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics research group that
has world-leading expertise in transition and turbulence, aeroacoustics,
atmospheric flows, multi-phase flows and combustion.  We are based
within the Faculty of Engineering and the Environment at the University
of Southampton, which is in the top 1% of Universities in the world and
is one of UK’s top 15 research-intensive universities.  We have an
international reputation for research, teaching and enterprise
activities.  The University and Faculty are dedicated to maintaining
world-leading expertise in fluid dynamics and have recently invested in
computational and experimental resources.  We have upgraded our
high-performance computing infrastructure to a 12,200 core supercomputer
(IRIDIS-4).  In addition, the Faculty has invested £25m in a
state-of-the-art Experimental Fluid Mechanics Complex that includes a
140m long towing tank, an anechoic wind tunnel, a Refractive Index
Matched Facility, a boundary layer wind tunnel as well as a range of
other unique facilities.

In September 2013 we were awarded with an Athena SWAN bronze award in
recognition of our continued commitment to improving equality for women
in science and engineering.

Informal enquiries are encouraged; please contact Professor Bharath
Ganapathisubramani via email at g.bharath at soton.ac.uk

Application Procedure

You should submit your completed application form online at
www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the
closing date stated above. References are requested along with your
application, so please allow time for these to be received prior to the
close date, to assist the department with shortlisting. If you need any
assistance, please call Geraldine Lewis (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23
8059 2507.Please quote vacancy reference number 489514AK on all
correspondence.