[FlowControl] Faculty Openings, University of Sheffield

Ati Sharma a.s.sharma at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 07:09:08 EDT 2011

Faculty Openings, University of Sheffield

Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering

Automatic Control and Systems Engineering is one of the largest departments devoted to this subject area in the UK and Europe. It comprises of 19 academic staff, 26 research staff, 17 support staff and over 350 undergraduate and postgraduate students. We are an internationally leading research department and have a vibrant research culture spanning many aspects of Control and Systems Engineering.

Our internationally recognised success affords us the opportunity to invest in academic recruitment, and we are seeking to appoint three outstanding individuals to the positions of:

  * Chair in Control and Systems Engineering (see Ref: UOS002977)
    http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ACY657/chair-in-control-and-systems-engineering/

  * Senior Lecturer in Control and Systems Engineering (see Ref: UOS002979)
    http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ACY411/senior-lecturer-in-control-and-systems-engineering/

  * Lecturer in Control and Systems Engineering (see Ref: UOS002978)
    http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ACY400/lecturer-in-control-and-systems-engineering/

We are interested in candidates who will engage in all aspects of academic life, by prioritising their research whilst also delivering high quality teaching to undergraduate and postgraduate students. As recognised subject leaders, the appointed candidates will strengthen our existing activities, whilst at the same time developing new and innovative areas of world-leading research. In fulfilling the role as Sheffield Academics, they will make an outstanding contribution to the Department, the Faculty, and the University as a whole.

    Closing date: 31 August 2011