Re: Re[2]: Printing from JS

At 07:57 PM 3/22/96 -0800, you wrote:

>sure, a dialog would prevent a user from saving unwanted files. But the
>problem is a user may be convinced by the Web page author into thinking
>this is safe, and BAM!!! instant virus on your disk. A virus could be in
>a Java Applet or anything else. Hey, if people can send Viruses through
>E-Mail (remember the "Good Times" E-Mail virus?), someone will surely
>find a way to make one with Java Applets or JavaScript.

I really hate to tell ya, but the Good Times Virus was one of the biggest
Internet Hoaxes ever! You CAN NOT get a Virus thru e-mail, nor by saving a
HTML Source to your disk.

Alex Kremer
axe@cybercomm.net
"God made my body and if it is dirty,
then the imperfection lies with the Manufacturer,
not the product." - Lenny Bruce